Sunday, February 25, 2007

Everyday Jones Not an Everyday Duo

(photo: EverydayJones.com)

Tonight around 7 when Shawn and I were sipping our raspberry mochas and attempting to concentrate on our schoolwork, a duo that was unknown to me at the time started their sound check and grabbed my attention. Their name was Everyday Jones.

EJ is not your average coffee shop act, but yet have a young, fresh sound that entertains the ear. I did not come to Borders tonight to hear them, but I'm glad I was in the right place at the right time.

I'm not one for acoustic bands because to be quite frank, it tends to bore me. Everyday Jones adds a kick of technology into the mix with various guitar and vocal effects. What they really have going for them is the strong vocals from Alissa Jandt as well as strong guitar playing by Jason Green.

I think I've said enough for now. If you really want to know what I'm talking about, check out their website at everydayjones.com.

No comments: